[L: no make-up, no filter. R: Just 5 beauty products, no filter.]
Most days I don’t like being seen without my face on. (i.e. I don’t take photos au natural (except as seen here.) Most days I use anywhere from thirteen to twenty-two products to get ready. Most days I’m enthusiastic about expressing creativity, creating a mood and a bespoke look to complement an outfit. Most days, I love this aspect of being a girl. Then there are days when I only have enough time / patience / energy to apply a bear-bones version of a full face. Whether it’s Friday morning and I’ve had a terribly looooong week, an impromptu brunch date with a girlfriend or running errands on the weekend with Suede, here are five products that help me look and feel put together:
- L’Oreal Paris BB Cream, here. This helps even out skin tone and cover any blemishes or imperfections (or dark circles under my eyes…)
- MAC powder blush, here. I use this all over my face: as a substitute for bronzer, as eye shadow and on the the apples of my cheeks.
- Covergirl eyebrow pencil, here. A must, I believe a filled brown helps to finish the face.
- Maybelline Full ‘N Soft Mascara, here. Because, hands down, if I had to choose a favorite make-up item, it’d be mascara.
- NARS Satin lip pencil, here. I love me a bright lip. When I need a little confidence boost, a little extra energy or a little something that makes my face POP, it always comes down to a vibrant lip color.
I showed you mine, now you show me yours. What’s your pared down beauty routine?